Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Cold War in a Pickle.




The Cold War began immediately after WWII. When former allies clash due to economical, military, and political reasons. The tension mounts when the goal of spreading democracy arises, Stalin's demand for territory, and U.S. industry boomed during war. At one point it was Capitalism vs. Communism. The soviets became a major threat. The Truman Doctrine was created for the containment in Greece and turkey. In the Truman Doctrine Great Britain could not support other nations. The superpowers were struggling over Germany. The Soviets were holding West Berlin hostage so then the Berlin airlift was made. Before the U.S. and Great Britain they got no food or fuel. This was the only way that West Berlin survived. toward the end of the war everything ended up fait. there wasn't a loser nor a winner.

2 comments:

  1. Jane i like your background it looks pretty cute.




    I never knew that the Truman Doctrine was made for the containment in Greece and Turkey!! I want to know more of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Summary! I can believe that Great Britain and the U.S.A were the only source of food for West Berlin!I'm just wondering why West Berlin was being held hostage by Germany.

    ReplyDelete